Subscribe with Bloglines

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Tummy spots


Now why can't I relax like that? Do you see those tummy spots? Did you know I'm not allowed to touch them? Shortly after I took this picture I reached over to smooth the hair so they'd show better. She immediately meowed and turned on her side. I think she must be very sensitive there as she has never allowed me to pet her there. Or if I've continued sometimes she tries to bite me! lol She has another little habit of throwing herself on the floor in front of me when I'm walking down the hall. That means, stop, I want foot lovin's. So I slip off my shoe and stroke her side from neck to tail with my foot. She'll roll from one side to the other soaking up this thing we call foot lovin's but if I accidentally rub my foot over her tummy and tummy spots, she either jumps and runs or turns to her side so I can't get to them.

Had an interesting day at the doctor's yesterday. Do you know what it's like at age 51 to be told you are going to take a pregnancy test? Thank God the next thing she said was, don't panic. Panic?? How about drop dead??? lol I still don't know why she had me take one. I was so flabbergasted that I didn't think to ask why. Maybe I had that second sense that said to my brain...this is to get hormone levels?? When I see her again, I will ask. lol Btw, the answer is no, I'm not.

Sorry, the knitting just isn't striking me at the moment. I've been playing with a simple washcloth. It's pretty mindless and I think it's just what I need right now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Well, Kay, you gave me the *big giggle of the day* today! : )

Although if things had turned out differently, I do Love to babysit!

I love doing washcloths...they are a refreshing knitting break. : ) And, they make great gifts. Also, I feel pampered when I use them. Enjoy!

Shelly

8:56 PM  
Blogger Rosemary said...

Did you get a new med? Sometimes they want to make *really sure* that you're not pregnant, because the med they want to give you could really hurt a baby.

What a soft belly. I have a cat that doesnt like his belly touched either. I wish they wouldnt do that if they didnt want to be touched ;)

9:47 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Yes, cats shouldn't have such cute bellies that scream "touch me!" Wilbur isn't much of a tummy lover either. Hootie will take it in little doses. But he also does the fall-down-thing in front of me. Love me! Love me!

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too Funny!

As for kitty bellies, of our three, Blue hates to have much of her petted at all. Mostly a little back stroke though she rolls and rolls but the minute you reach for her she sprints off.

Rimsky doesn't really care, he likes snugs but too much petting is too stimulating.

And You-Know-Who wants every square inch of her anatomy scratched, rubbed, petted, fussed over, etc. Not only does she tolerate tummy rubs, she likes them - of course!

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home