Subscribe with Bloglines

Sunday, February 19, 2006

One week left....

I don't know how many waffle fans read this blog, but if you've never had Grandma's Boy Raising Waffles out of the Gourmet My Way cookbook, you are missing out. I don't make these very often but a friend of mine is snowed in here and they are a special item to make from scratch.

The Knitting Olympics are half over and only one week is left. I may be in serious trouble getting my blanket completed. I've taken two pictures of the blanket. If you'll notice the color varies a lot when I started the second skein. It shows the peach more so than the first skein. Yes, I double checked the dye lots and all four skeins are from the same batch. Weird, huh?

Confession, I feel like I pulled a Lindsey Jacobellis yesterday. I decided to switch to continental style on the blanket! I can knit in continental style just fine but purling has always been a source of major frustration, so much so that I will give up. But something magical happened and I purled with ease in continental style yesterday. After I completed the 3rd row in continental style I noticed how the stitches looked very different from all the rows I knitted in English style. Guess that is what happens when I try to showboat. lol

Has anyone been out on the roads yet?? I'm too far off a main road to see how traffic is getting around. I hope to make it to Guild meeting today. But if more snow is coming, I will have to miss. I'm posting a couple of snow pictures also. Not much in the snow department here but lots of ice under the snow.

4 Comments:

Blogger Terri said...

I think yoiu got more white stuff than we did up here - yesterday. This morning it has been sleeting and I will not go to guild. Just too far and too risky.

The blanket looks great.

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be careful if you brave the roads, Kay! My husband has been out on them. He said that the main roads are passable if you go slow, but the neighborhood roads are really icy (at least here in Noble).

11:08 AM  
Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Kay, I really wanted to get out today, too, but I think I'm going to stay in. It's just too cold and slippery off the well traveled roads.

All the church closings announced on the news this morning convinced me that it's not very safe to venture out yet. : (

Your blanket is growing! Keep up the great work. : )

Shelly

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Call it a designer blanket - you planned it that way! LOL I can't wait to see it in person and get the full effect.

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home