Subscribe with Bloglines

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Terri's 380 or Greek God in Norman
















I really feel bad for those of you who couldn't join us tonight at Border's. I think we had one of the best times I've ever had at Border's. Karen and Jan, friends from Gourmet Yarn's Knit In, came and joined us. If you've never had the pleasure of experiencing Karen and Jan, get ready. I promise they will have you laughing in no time.
Rosemary brought her beautiful Clapotis. I took pictures so she could model her Olympic championship, medal winning item. (Yes, I'd give her the Gold!!) Oh and I did overhear about three different people comment or ask if Rosemary would notice if the Clapotis disappeared. Luckily, Rosemary was last seen walking out of the building with it on.


Now about that 380.......Terri is sitting at the end of the table, I'm to her left and we are talking. Those of you who know Terri have probably never seen her not be able to talk. You've probably never seen her lose her thought. And I'd bet money none of you knew Terri could do a 380 with her neck!! Folks, I witnessed these very events tonight. Terri is talking and all of a sudden a Greek God comes around the corner walking towards us. I saw him at the same time but being the proper, well trained lady I am (ahem!) I returned my attention to Terri. Her mouth was hanging open and her eyes were glazed over (in lust I realize now) and then her head did the most amazing 380 as she locked her eyes on this tall, handsome gorgeous hunk of male (in shorts I might add). After he was safely out of hearing range, I could no longer contain my laughter. It took Terri a few moments to return to earth and by then I was laughing so hard at what I'd witnessed that the others at the table were turning to see what was going on. Terri had tears streaming down her face, she was laughing so hard at herself and her reaction to this fine specimen of the male species. Now let me do roll call. Terri, myself, Karen, Jan, Shelly, Rosemary, Vanessa, Janelle and Susan were present. After Terri went to see where this precious man went, I think everyone but me got up to go wander by the magazines to catch another glance as he sat in the cafe looking at a book. Me? I caught my glances when I was leaving and waiting for Terri to check out. I will verify the man has the nicest thighs and legs I've seen in a very long time. The last I heard, Terri was calling Mr. D to tell him to get ready. I think the blood is flowing hot tonight!!!














More pictures of tonight's group:



7 Comments:

Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Tonight was definitely a *hoot*! Fun, fun, fun! : )

Shelly

11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What, no pictures of this Adonis?

6:27 AM  
Blogger Rosemary said...

I am shocked that there is no picture of Le Hunk.

8:20 AM  
Blogger kay_okc said...

I asked Jan, since she was the bravest person at the table, if she'd go take a picture of Greek God. She smirked at me if I remember right. But yes, I do regret that some how some way we did not get a picture of this man. Oh well...maybe he'll return next week????

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I MISSED this!! Funny, funny, funny! I'm going to have to try MUCH harder to get to the Thursday night group!

8:36 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

A camera cell phone, my kingdom for a camera cell phone! ha Way too funny. I laughed out loud all over again. It's a shame I can't be there next week. Da-n he was gorgeous.

I might add that Karen saw him shortly after I did and she had very similar thoughts!

I was beginning to wonder if they would kick us out for being too loud.

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes it was a fun filled night. Had a hard time knitting at Borders since I hadn't hit the sale racks and knitting book section. I'm trying to figure out how you find time to keep up blogs, knit and work. Love the pictures on the blogs. Terri, I have the name of a good chiropractor if your neck is bothering you. Sorry, didn't know how important pictures were. Kay..I'll get you a picture to post of "Greek G" if ever another opportunity comes. Karen & I will return next week. Glad to hear we are great free entertainment.

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home