Subscribe with Bloglines

Friday, December 30, 2005

Look at what I have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ok, there is a story behind this, but look!!! I am now an official intermediate knitter!! lol Ok, this is what happened. I saw the ad for the Berroco knitting bag made from Suede. I fell in love with it and was emailing Margaret asking if she'd seen it and if she had the colors in which it was knitted. Then I noticed the instructions said Intermediate Skill level. Welllllllllllllllllll, I know I have skills above a beginner but I guess I'd put myself in the Advanced Beginner's group. So I asked Margaret if she thought I could handle it. I knew WYIF and WYIB and how to slip stitches. She came back at me and said I'd knitted a stocking, of course I could handle that bag!! I then said I guess I never considered myself an intermediate knitter and that maybe I needed a letter or something saying such. So, that is how I have my official Gourmet Yarn issued Intermediate Knitter title. I am soooooooo proud (and a little silly but hey.....lol).

Thank you Margaret.

I see so many things that inspire me and then I want to add whatever "it" is to my list of projects. Today a former co-worker/OSU Master's student came to see me. She had on the most darling scarf. Of course being tiny and petite and 22 might help it look more darling, but the scarf was purchased at a chain store over a year ago and would be sooo easy to duplicate. It was made from 8 different colors of five various shades of blues/aquas, two shades of green and cream. It was knitted lengthwise. I want a scarf just like that but one I have made. I knew I should have taken my camera to work today!

New Year's Resolution for 2006: Make no New Year's Resolutions. Same as always.

4 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

So glad it's official, but I knew it all along! I liked the look of that Berroco bag, too, I can totally understand why you'd want to make it. What color are you thinking about?

8:11 PM  
Blogger kay_okc said...

I'm considering a combo...like black and tan or olive and brown. I saw one someone did that was purple and olive and I sure did like the contrast.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Congratulations!! Reminds me of the Wizard of Oz, you know the Tin Man didn't think he had a brain so he got a diploma, the Lion didn't think he had courage so he got a testimonial, etc. Thanks for the great afternoon! I really enjoyed and and time just FLEW.

6:15 PM  
Blogger kay_okc said...

Susan...time did fly this afternoon. Even though we had "bidness" to discuss, I enjoyed the visit. Thanks for telling me "how we met" story. I love hearing those stories. Especially ones that last over 21 years.

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home