Subscribe with Bloglines

Sunday, March 12, 2006

I forgot!!
















I had a great Saturday. Met up with Rosemary, Vanessa and Shelly, reveled in yarn, good company at lunch and then spent the afternoon knitting and talking in Starbucks. I was laughing at myself because I couldn't leave my new yarn in the car. I had to fondle and adore it in front of others. lol Vanessa and I both bought one skein of some LaFiesta yarn. It is a rayon boucle and we both wanted to knit this ruffled scarf. I took my lovely skein of yarn out of the bag and inhaled. Ugh!!! Febreeze with a cigarette smoke afternote. Why I didn't notice it in the store is beyond me. I am the one with Super Nose!! Plus I have been warned. I pulled out the other two skeins of novelty yarn I bought and couldn't smell those. Got home last night and pulled the yarn out to try and figure out what to do. Inhaled all 3 again and WHEW!!! it is strong. I put some baking soda in a bag and then put the three skeins in another bag and zipped up the top. This morning it still reeks. So I decided to find a plastic container to pour the baking soda into and then lay the skeins on top of a piece of plastic. Of course it's only been several hours but I can't tell it has done any good what so ever. Lesson learned.

Doesn't she tolerate her mama's picture taking well??

9 Comments:

Blogger Rosemary said...

I dunno but she has a cute look on her face :)

4:26 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

I've seen that look before on Noodles and Groucho.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

What an adorable kitty!

Stinky yarn is just stinky. : ( I hope the smell leaves.

Shelly

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carol and her smoke problem - grrr!

And Lexi is about the cutest little thing around (Sugar can't hear me in here - LOL)

9:45 PM  
Blogger kay_okc said...

Thank you, thank you. This "sweet face" turned piranha on me TWICE yesterday morning. I was combing her and SHE was finished and I didn't know. I have three claw/teeth marks on my right hand/wrist. lol

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you all had a great time-sorry I missed it! I was cleaning out my in-laws garage and pruning stuff in their yard. Someday we'll be through with getting it ready to sell!

7:17 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

So sad about the stinky yarn!

Hootie sometimes starts to think we're prey. We call it "channelling."

7:47 AM  
Blogger Sanders said...

a suggestion for the really stinky yarn... hang it outside in the sunshine for a day... baking soda can absorb some odors but probably it air and sun would work better blow some of the stink off then maybe the baking soda could absorb what's left...good luck with it

cutest kitty:)

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if anyone has ever said anything to Carol about the smell? I'm not sure I'm brave enough!
Cats are so wonderful. Bella, a Manx mix is our entertainment.

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home