Subscribe with Bloglines

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Thursday at Border's
















We had another great time at Border's. Rini joined us for the first time, but certainly not the last!! Jan and Karen came back. Whew!!! I was half afraid they wouldn't after Jan's entertainment comment. Glad you came back!!! See you at Gourmet Yarn on Saturday at THREE!! ;-)


Now the reason why I'm posting this picture of Shelly's forehead is because she wanted her chubby cheek picture taken for Susan B. And it's my fault it didn't turn out. My batteries were dying and I was trying to eek out one more picture and well, you can see what I did. Sorry Susan and Shelly. I'll do better next week.

As you can see, some people take their knitting conversations seriously. Some of us cut up, but Susan and Angeli are doing some serious yarn selection here.

Terri called. I think she was really feeling the regret that she was flying back from a business trip instead of with us. She did miss a good time. In fact, she was the topic of conversation since she gave all of us something to laugh about last week.

Had to call Margaret tonight. I tell ya what, Karen, if you'd been at the table you could have kicked me and I would have shut up. I didn't know I was busting you. It seems Karen had Jan believing the Knit-In starts at 3 and lasts until 8. I didn't know it was Karen's ploy to get Jan there at a reasonable time. lol Anyway, Jan and I are talking and she says it starts at 3 and I said no, 4. So I called Margaret to settle it. Stupid me!! I didn't catch on and Karen was off looking at books. I wonder if I can get Margaret to change Knit-In to three??? Margaret???? lol

For those of you who have never been, Margaret hosts a Knit-In at Gourmet Yarn on N. May between Britton and Hefner in the Collonade Center the first Saturday of each month from 4-8. So that will be THIS Saturday. Bring a snack or goodie to share, your current project (knitting or crochet is welcome) and come join us. I meant to make the announcement at Border's tonight and I forgot. We have a great time and see lots of neat projects. Please join us if you can.

OH!!! Remember the nice knitter lady I met at the doctor's office 2 weeks ago?? She came by just to see if we were meeting. She promised her daughter she would bring her so she didn't stay but we have her email address to add her to our list and I introduced her to the group. I'm so happy!!! I think I recruited four of our attendees (counting Debi who dropped by) tonight!! Where's my gold star??? lol

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like ya'll had a great time. No hunk this week? And Shelly's forehead looks really THIN!!!

3pm for the GYKI - OK!

10:48 PM  
Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Susan, you should see my cheeks! I'm sure they were too big to get into the camera picture viewer! : ) I really have power cheeks...and considering they are planning on continuing steroids for at least a year....I'm going to break all records! I'm now proud and happy to be sportin' these chubby cheeks....more to smile with! : )

I'm looking forward to attending my first GYKI tomorrow...and can't wait you give you a power cheek (((hug))) Susan! : )

Shelly

12:03 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

Glad I could be the topic of discussion. BUT, if I remember correctly I wasn't the only going over to the magazines to catch a glimpse. ha

I am in for tomorrow. See you there.

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home