Subscribe with Bloglines

Monday, September 04, 2006

Loops on Labor Day

I had a great day today. Shelly, her daughter Amanda and I drove up to Tulsa. Shelly drove (I think she's afraid of my driving....although I am a first hand witness AND survivor of a red light infraction) and so I had LOTS of knitting time. As you can see in the picture to the left I am nearly finished with the front of the CIC Boatneck Sweater. I do have to admit that navy tweed is a sharp looking yarn. First we stopped at Chimi's on Cherry Street. I think Shelly and Amanda fell in love with the fresca salsa. Chimi's does it up right!




Next we traveled to Utica Square and went to Loops. It was Shelly and Amanda's first visit there. With Gourmet Yarn as my all time favorite yarn shop, Loops comes in at a close second. They had a 25% off sale on the project wall and this is what I left with. Three skeins of the softest Blue Sky Cotton in natural color. I swear if you didn't know it was cotton you'd think it was cashmere or alpaca. It's soooooo soft!! Speaking of alpaca, I knew Plymouth did a smaller weight alpaca than the Baby Grande and I found some. So I have three skeins of that in lime. One skein of Cotton Classic for some bright washcloths and two skeins of Claudia Handpainted sock yarn. It may become a triangle scarf or something other than socks but it sure does have a nice squishy squeeze to it!!


And when I arrived home Lexi let me know it was a nice day to sleep while the rain came down.

5 Comments:

Blogger Terri said...

Your sweater looks so nice. I can't wait to make me one. Glad you had a good day - did it rain?

8:23 PM  
Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE you *posted* about that tiny red light detail! There was really nothing to it.....there was at least 3 or 4 feet between us and the other car!!! : )

We had a great time today, too!

8:31 PM  
Blogger kay_okc said...

It rained a bit on the way up and alot for a few miles on the way back. And the car was pretty much into the intersection. Do you call that tiny??? lol

9:12 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

Sounds like a fun trip!

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yarn stores open on Labor Day - too Cool!! Sounds like you folks had a great time, tiny red light detail not withstanding.

And the sweater looks great as does all the super yarn you got. I am so jealous!

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home