Subscribe with Bloglines

Friday, September 01, 2006

The Face of Innocence

You've probably seen my comments on other people's blogs stating that Lexi never bothers my yarn. I can practically drape it across her and she might chew on it (if I let it happen) but she wouldn't go after it or anything. I was very cautious when I first started knitting because I was worried she might get into my yarn and not only mess with my knitting/yarn but could possibly get herself tangled in such a way that it would hurt her. Oh don't think that can't happen!! lol YEARS ago when I had sister cats, Thunder and Lightning, I left some balls of yarn in a basket at the end of the sofa. This was back in the days when Michael was in grade school, I was working on my degree at night and we often didn't get in for the day until almost 10 at night. I walked in and found Thunder suspended almost in midair an inch or so above a dining room chair. She was suspended in yarn!! Apparently she and Lighting had a yarn tossing party and Thunder was so tangled it was nearly cutting between her toes and wrapped enough to suspend her. So I have personal knowledge of cats and yarn possibilities!! lol So today I came home at noon and walk in the house and this is what I find. It was in the den when I left for work this morning. Hmmmmmmm how did it get from the den to the hall?



"Yarn? What yarn?"














Strreeeetchhhh......."let's see what you are talking about."




























"I swear I don't know how it got in here."











Right!!! lol


Closing with a pretty sunrise from a few days ago.

5 Comments:

Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

I just knew Lexi was going to catch on and play with your yarn one of these days!

Kitties are the best! : )

10:40 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

LOL...I have put my knitting basket up high since I got the new puppy. No mis-haps until today and I found the skein end of my current project strung across the den! Fortunately, he didn't pull any stitches off the needles...so...puppies like yarn like kitties do, I guess!

10:50 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

Is that ORANGE yarn I see????? I know you are a closet COWBOY fan.

ha

10:42 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

At least she didn't try to eat it!

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lexie is a pretty kitty. Our new kitten in addition to chewing on my Aldi cables chewed a WIP yarn in half! I'm now keeping everything in bags!

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home