Subscribe with Bloglines

Sunday, August 27, 2006

The Queen of Procrastination

I am the Queen of Procrastination. Why? This picture of two WIP's or UFO's, however you prefer to word it, are prime examples. The Market Squares Bag to the left was started a year ago this month. I put it down when I moved the end of September. Well, I put it down before then as packing became the number one priority but I didn't pick it back up until December or so. I knitted on it until I reached the point I only have 2 or 3 tiers to finish. Now these are small tiers. It's the bottom of the bag. They do not have all the stitches the regular sized tiers have. But I lost interest. I started something else, although at the moment I can't recall what. Fast foward to this summer and here is the Nina Shawl. I only have one more striped section, the fair isle section and then the ruffles on each end to complete it. I am dreading doing the fair isle and it was not that difficult! So I procrastinate. And instead of using the knitting time I had this weekend to finish one of these items, I started another project.





This is it. Not a major project. Another one that will bring some gratifcation pretty quickly. It's a washcloth. One that I plan to use!! I am one of those who prefer a thin washcloth. So I went to Hobby Lobby and bought some Sinfonia yarn for $3.99. It's not actually yarn. It is really several strands of thread twisted together but it would make a thinner washcloth. So I started this one Friday and it's the Baby Fern stitch. It has a hint of lace and this is a learning project. So far, so good. Size 4 needles so it may take awhile longer than the last one.


This is Number Twelve. Yes, I have a new knitting bag. Lantern Moon with lime green silk lining. It's made from a sturdier substance than the origami bag. So it should hold up better. It flares at the top and when I transferred everything I had in the origami bag to this one, it only filled it up 3/4 of the way full. And it isn't bulging on the sides.










And to add that girly-girl feature, it too has a sash to tie at the top. No pockets in this one but I found I really didn't use those I had in origami bag.










And Lexi says the bag matches her eyes perfectly. In addition to that, she's a pretty contented kitty.

4 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Lexi's photo is the best.

Another knitting bag--LOL!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

I love your new bag.

And I agree....Lexi's pic. is SUPER!

11:04 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I just started my 4th WIP last night. I'm working on a sock, an afghan, a baby bootie, and now a shawl.

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How nice to see someone else with multiple projects just waiting to be finished - LOL!

I know of at least five in various boxes and bags that I could, should, finish. I'll get to them eventually but in the meantime, I have baby things to make.

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home