Subscribe with Bloglines

Sunday, January 01, 2006

First day of the New Year


So much for trying to prime my new shelves. Even though I'm in the garage and the wind is not blowing out of the west, it's still causing the drop cloth to billow and the doors to the furnace and hot water heater to open and close and open and close. lol So I secured the doors and decided to wait and see how conditions are tomorrow. Since I had an early morning (2:11 am to be exact) wake up call from my neighbors, I had to take a nap this afternoon. I am often amazed to think how I used to resist a nap and now I love taking a nap! I guess it may have something to do with age, huh?

I have 5.5 sections of the gift scarf left to do. I haven't picked it up except for that brief moment at Gourmet Yarn while waiting for Susan. She had perfect timing, as I picked it up she walked in the door! I just haven't wanted to touch it and I have to get it done THIS WEEK!! The fact that I bought the Berroco Suede for my Berroco Knitting Tote and some lucious icey lime cotton for a beach beanie for a niece probably has nothing to do with my lack of interest in the gift scarf. (You didn't believe that did you?)

The only picture I have to post today is of Lexi. I wished I could nap any ole time I wanted. She's one lucky kitty.

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Boy was I surprised to see the MOKG link on your website so fast! Made me realize I should probably add it to mine too - lol.

Lexi looks lovely! Cats can just sleep anywhere, anyhow.

Happy Knit Year!

11:48 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Oh, I'll have to add it now, too.

Cats are just so restful (when they're not making pitiful Baby Darth breathing sounds, that is. Or whining that they want to go outside, like Wilbur is right now).

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home