Subscribe with Bloglines

Sunday, January 29, 2006

What three would you choose?

A male friend of mine from my "former life" (aka the job I retired from lol) asked me this question a few years ago. I found it very intriguing as I think it tells something about anyone who answers.

If you knew you were going to be sent to a deserted island and you were allowed to take three books and only three books, which three would you take?

No wiseguys with "how to build boats out of palm leaves" or "I wouldn't go" comments please. lol

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Complete Works of Shakespeare, Riverside edition.

Pride and Prejuidice

The Princess Bride

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to the deserted Island all by myself, right?

Pride and Prejudice, absolutely-no better book about human relations that I know of

a book of knitting patterns, for instance the "Harmony guide to knitting stitches"-there would be a lot of time to kill! you could knit plant fibers using homemade needles from tree branches

Julia Child's "the way to cook" (I reserve the right to choose a different cookbook later when I think of a better one)

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I didn't notice what three books YOU would take...LOL

My choices: Barbara Walker's Stitch Treasury 1 for the same reasons as Rebecca; the Bible for lots of different kinds of writings and stories all in one book;a blank book so I could write down what was happening or so I could write my OWN book.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

Okay - Well, anything by Rosamunde Pilcher, Andriana Trigiani, and probably a really deep conspiracy book that's sitting on my TBR (Too Be Read) chair.

Terri

4:39 PM  
Blogger Rosemary said...

I 2nd the blank book idea. Although I'd bring a big one... wouldn't want to run out.

Also... all the Harry Potters. I can't bring just one.

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home