Subscribe with Bloglines

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

2-14

I had a doctor's appointment this morning. I had never been to this doctor before so I had the ole trusty knitting project in a bag. I sat down to wait and started knitting. Another lady came and sat close to me and said "I knew when I saw your bag you were a knitter". lol So we started talking and she knits socks. I took the opportunity to tell her about our Thursday night group and she said she wants to come. Wouldn't you know it?? before I could lure her further into my web, hahahahaha!!, and tell her about guild and knit-in, they called my name!!!!!!! She shook my hand real quick and said she'd come because she wanted to talk more. I hope she does, she really seems like a nice person.

After I got to work, I talked to a former coworker who is coming to OKC for some meetings later this week and I was telling her about Thursday's group. She and I have been good friends for 18 years or so and I just today found out she knitted when she was in high school! I told her to get needles and yarn and that I'm taking her with me to Border's but I don't know if I have her convinced yet. Oh well. I'm trying.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are busy recruiting! I hope that the appointment went well.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Rosemary said...

Yay, knitters abound!

9:51 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Kay, the official Norman Knitting Recruiter. And no pesky NCAA regulations to stop you!

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you! Get out there and push that addiction! The more people we can infect, the more people will need to buy yarn. And we'll get more yarn choices! YEAH! LOL!

10:11 AM  
Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

You Go, Kay!!! The more in our group, the merrier! : )

Shelly

4:21 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

Man, I'm getting there extra early to get a sit.

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home