Subscribe with Bloglines

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Knitting Olympic Baby Blanket

If we have to start over can we add the wasted time to the end? lol Okkkkkkkkk, I knew the answer before I asked. Knitting Olympic Baby Blanket is not going well so far. I've had to cast on four times I think, I've honestly lost count. I made it past the five rows of garter stitch and realized I had 159 stitches instead of 160. My next flub was not reading the instructions correctly and I changed pattern the second row instead of repeating row one for fifteen rows. I realized this mistake about 2/3 of way on row two and unknitted to the beginning of the row. Ok, I'm moving along fine now and flip to start row three of the pattern. Everything is great, I'm knitting along and am almost complete with this row and realize I started knitting in the round the beginning of that row. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!! Frogged it all and just now cast on the requisite 160 stitches. The Knitting Olympics are not looking well for this participant.

8 Comments:

Blogger Terri said...

Ribbit Ribbit! Go for the GOLD Kay!

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry that you are frustrated, Kay. Every trained athlete has a bad day now and then! Good luck with your blanket.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Rosemary said...

You can dooooo eeeeeet!

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I realy think I have started every cast on I've done a few times. Something about casting on and doing the first few rows always messes me up!

Go for it, Kay! We're rootin' for ya!

11:47 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Well, we can always start the USA Frogging Team.

(I haven't frogged but got off to a very slow start yesterday. . .)

We need those cowbells they ring during the downhill!

4:35 PM  
Blogger kay_okc said...

I thank everyone for the words of encouragement. I am now back where I was yesterday. I am using stitchmarkers so I don't "forget" to switch stitches and it's looking good. Emily, you are making me laugh...I do need those cowbells!

7:17 PM  
Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Kay, you can do this! Be sure and use a lifeline frequently when you get going!

That's the best advice I have to offer since my shawl saga! : )

Your Pal,

Shelly

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home