Subscribe with Bloglines

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Nina Shawl and record breaking temps


If it wasn't bad enough locking my purse, keys, knitting and lunch in the car on Saturday, I woke up Sunday feeling a little warm. I thought it was just me. Got up, got around. About noonish I was getting ready for guild and realized I was perspiring like the house was warm. Check the thermostat and it's reading 5 degrees higher than I keep it. Hmmmm, I close all the blinds and leave for guild. Come home and yep, it's 80 degrees in the house. It was a little warm that night, stuffy and warmer the next morning until the a/c guys got here and gave me a freon fill. Ahhhhhhh. I actually got cold last night and had to bump it up. Nice feeling then but it made outside feel all the more brutal. I do not know how people who have to work outside do it. I'd die. lol Of course, the fact that I'm lily white and have worked indoors all my life might contribute to my intolerance of the sun. lol Something has to give and soon. Please!!!!!

Guild had around 27 people attend on Sunday. Kathy showed us some entrelac examples. She had a felted entrelac bag that looked great. Maybe it will motivate me to get my market squares bag out and finish those last few rounds. Some day. lol

The picture above is the latest of the Nina Shawl. It's moving along nicely. Please ignore the drop of condensation from the can of Coke. It did dry and there are no spots.

I want to ask a question of you. I am thinking of knitting my first sweater. I have some requirements (as far as my desired yarn). I want a DK weight yarn and a natural fiber. I do not want anything that pills. I'd prefer cotton since I'm pretty warm natured. What yarn would you suggest?


This picture of Lexi was taken a few months ago. She was a sleepy girl tolerating me taking pictures of her in my bed and the flash going off in her face. She's such a sweet baby.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll bring a sample of some very soft cotton yarn on Thursday. It's "Cool as Cotton" super soft double knit yarn made by James C. Brett, Clyde Street, Bingley, West Yorkshire. I got it at a shop in Livermore, CA and I love it.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Rosemary said...

She looks so sweet!

9:06 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Just love your blog and check it every day for posts! Lexi is so cute and looks like one contented kitty!

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home