Subscribe with Bloglines

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Sweltering Saturday


When I moved to Oklahoma City in August of 2000, everyone was complaining about how hot it was. I was very puzzled as I thought it was a pretty mild summer. I was talking to my mother on the phone about the fact and she mentioned something I had not thought of and that was the wind blows more here and the humidity isn't nearly as bad as it is in Tulsa. That's the area I had lived in most of my life until the move here. Hmmmm....that made sense. Well, since then I still thought the summers here were mild compared to what I was used to. That is until this summer. I wished I could pack up


and move to San Francisco or somewhere in that area where it's so much milder in temps and doesn't have the humidity we have here.

I left the house mid morning with plans to go to Gourmet Yarn to pick up my flyers to post regarding The Yarn Harlot's visit on the 25th, and to have lunch with Margaret. I made a few stops, picked up a few items and then went to Gourmet Yarn. I have this purse I bought a month ago. It's the largest purse I've ever owned. I now hate it. It's so big and cumbersome. I put it on the passenger seat when I drive.


I had the purse and several other items on the
passenger seat. I turned the car off, cracked the windows and I guess I hit the electric lock. I sure don't remember hitting that lock. But I also put my keys in my purse. I got out of the car and shut the door. Walked around to the passenger side to gather my items and the door is locked. I locked my keys in the car!!! lol This is the second time in my life I've ever done that. I went into the shop and got the phone book and started calling locksmiths. Did you know those 24 hour/any day places are often not open? They have a message machine to gather messages.
And you know how that could turn
out. You might hear from someone by Monday! lol I kept calling and finally caught a man who was on the road, the Hefner Parkway, and heading north. He was there in about 12 minutes and unlocked my car. Whew! I was sooo glad. I felt so foolish. But when I told him this was the second time I'd ever locked my keys in the car, he informed me I had one more time coming. Ugh!!! lol I carried my keys with me in the yarn shop for awhile after I got in. I felt so much better with that key in my hand.


On the knitting front, I'm still working on the Nina Shawl. It's coming along nicely and I have to tell you, I get bunches of comments from people about the color combo and pattern. It's an attention getter I guess. I managed to spend the rest of the day knitting on the sofa while Margaret taught a sock class. Karen was taking the class but I think we sat and talked on the sofa most of the time. I was teasing her and Margaret about the sofa being the special needs spot. lol

For tonight's viewing pleasure, I took some pictures of the clouds the other day after one of our very needed storms. I love how the sun lights up clouds behind stormy clouds.

Tomorrow is the July meeting of the Guild. It's at Belle Isle library, north side entrance, 3-5. Bring your knitting, any show-n-tell items you have and enjoy!! Hope to see you there.

5 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

It was brutal in Tulsa yesterday. . .whew!

7:28 AM  
Blogger katie said...

Bring on fall and winter (they're much better for knitting)!

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

those pics of the clouds are beautiful!

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i saw the same clouds, thanks for the photos

8:49 PM  
Blogger Debra said...

Just an FYI. I live outside SF.. across the bridge and in the burbs. Today it is 98F and 65% humidity. HOT and very humid for the area. (though I grew up in the midwest and know that 90F +90% stuff..). Yeah, it might only be 75 in the city.. but drive an hour east and it's 104.

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home