Subscribe with Bloglines

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Knit-In Cookout
















Tonight was the cookout at Gourmet Yarn's Knit-in. We had a pretty good crowd (considering most of my buds didn't show up!! ;-) ) I think Margaret's knit-ins are getting so popular she's going to have to rent space to hold all of us. lol We had a great time. Rosemary commented on how neat it is to see what everyone is working on. I know what she means it gives me motivation and inspiration.

















This is David, Margaret's partner, who just also happened to be the cook for tonight's cookout. He did a darned good job.

















Here are some pictures of tonight's group. As you can see, heads are bent, fingers are flying and we're getting somewhere.















Rosemary caught me aiming my camera and smiled for the picture. She doesn't have her cardi on in this picture but I noticed the green in her cardi lights up her green eyes. She also won the first place prize for her guacamole.


A clapotis update: I need another skein of yarn and the shop I purchased the yarn at is out. Margaret is one smart woman. She has seen how people love that yarn and love the feel and touch of it. She's ordering some and I'll wait until she gets hers and then I'll finish the clapotis. Which if you read my blog very often, you know it just gives me a reason to start something new!!!! lol So I cast on and managed to knit about 11 rows on the Nina Shawl from Mason Dixon Knitting. There is something about that color combo that just grabs me. I'll post a picture when I've made more progress.














But to finish off tonight's post, I'll leave you with a picture of the Lovely Lexi, Queen of the top of the office chair.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I hate that I had to miss (especially guacamole!) but we had a good time with family--we also had hamburgers but I'm sure they weren't as good as David's.

11:58 AM  
Blogger katie said...

Kay, can you refresh my memory on what yarn you are using for Clapotis? I just remember loving the feel of it and if GY is going to get some in stock.... :)

3:30 PM  
Blogger kay_okc said...

I'd be happy to refresh your memory. It's Blue Heron Rayon Metallic in Melon. Everyone seems to love that yarn. Margaret is going to be ordering some in the not too distant future!! Yayyyyy!

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home