Subscribe with Bloglines

Sunday, July 30, 2006

What a week.....

This has been a great week of knitting. As most of you know here in OKC the week started when Stephanie aka The Yarn Harlot came to town. I'm posting more pictures taken at the library and at Gourmet Yarn at the book signing. I thought this was so cool. The pictures I posted earlier in the week had two ladies I didn't know. It was a "crowd" picture I'd taken at the library before Stephanie came into the room. I got a comment on my blog the other day from one of the ladies telling me they were the two on the front row. How cool! They are from Kansas and drove all the to OKC to see Stephanie.



I have heard from other attendees that we had a group of ladies come in from Fort Worth. AND we had one lady from Alaska!!! It is so thrilling to hear about people coming from afar to this event.

Here is another shot of Stephanie taking her sock/crowd picture.











This is Ellen, a lady I do not know, and Sue waiting patiently in line to get their books signed.
















Here is another great shot of Margaret and Stephanie, each holding their sock.














This is Sandy, Margaret and Susan (all Gourmet Yarn shop people) getting their books signed. I believe that is Anita with her back to us and Linette who was part of the reception committee in the background.
















And this is Susan and Carolyn holding their books with Stephanie.













And Jennifer, this is another picture of your mom!

Oh, in the first picture on this post, that is Rosemolly and Katie on the front row knitting away!!


So this has been my knitting week: The Yarn Harlot on Tuesday, Wednesday I met up with Shelly and Rosemolly and knitted, Thursday Karen and I drove up to Gourmet Yarn and sat on the sofa to knit. It was pretty funny.....when we arrived the sofas were full. One sofa cleared pretty quick so Karen and I grabbed seats. Eventually we noticed Katie and Kevin were on one sofa and Karen and I sat on the other so we had a K group. Yeah I know...silly but funny in any event. Then Saturday Karen suggested we go sofa sit again so we went back to GY. Eventually Anita and Terri joined us. And I understand we'd just missed Susan and her visiting sister. With weeks like this I wonder what I used to do before I knitted. Hmmmmmmm?

Knitting WIP's: I'm still slaving away on the Nina Shawl. I've reached the halfway point and am on the downhill slide but barely. I started a cotton bathmat Friday night. It's addictive. Then Saturday while sitting next to Karen and seeing her do a provisional cast-on, she taught me to do the same. So we both started our Bathing Beauty washcloths. Yayyyyyy!!! Next week Terri, Anita, Karen, Jan and I are going to learn toe-up socks. Margaret, I'll be in the special needs group so I'll need LOTS of assistance. :-) I hope you are ready. lol

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, that was me with my back in the picture, naturally I was at the refreshments table!! I enjoyed the ladies from Wichita, and the lady (wearing the funny t-shirt)and her young daughter I think also from Wichita.
So many good memories from this week. Sometimes I think I knit to much and then (mentally) I slap myself and say no you don't! Next Sat. and toe-up sox should be fun, looking forward to it!

8:00 PM  
Blogger Sanders said...

So fun to see you last week at the Harlot event! I am so happy that the folks in OKC got it together to make it happen! It's also been fun reading all the local blog accounts of the event.... a good time was had by all!

9:43 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

You all did a terrific job with the Harlot event. It was amazing! So glad that some thought to bring cameras! Buzzed out of the house without mine..and even without my knitting, too!

7:17 AM  
Blogger vanessa said...

what a fun week! stephanie is even funnier in person than her books! thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me the compliment :-)

7:42 AM  
Blogger katie said...

Ha! Even my husband's in your pictures (in the background, behind Margaret and Susan getting their books signed). He turned up at the book signing, and was impressed by the crowd a "famous knitter" could gather!

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home