Subscribe with Bloglines

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The Wonderfully Funny Yarn Harlot!



The crowd gathers....Anita said there were 138 chairs (hope I got that number right). At first I thought Ok, nice crowd I bet we'll have around 80. Someone did a headcount at some point and said 113. I was close!! Originally I guesstimated between 80-100. People LOVE the Yarn Harlot.









Susan and Karen both while away the time by knitting a few stitches.














And here she is!! Taking our picture. With The Sock. She truly is one funny woman. She had the whole room laughing. Even the few guys who braved all the women were seen laughing. Could it possibly be the first time they had heard that a knitted Willy Warmer pattern exists?? lol And the way she explained the "engineering dynamics" was a snort and a laugh into itself.









I LOVE this picture. I think Margaret should put it on her website, permanently. For that matter, maybe Stephanie should also.



Below are pictures taken at the book signing. Emily gave Stephanie a tornado! Thank God it's only a toy and not the real Oklahoma deal!!





















The line for the book signing was long but it moved pretty quick. Stephanie was a real trouper about personalizing any and all books. She jumped up for constant pictures with other knitters and their socks. She also started collecting quite a few gifts. The girl was making out like a champ!







And this was after all the books were signed and the nerves were gone. My biggest regret is that the place was so loud I couldn't hear the conversation, darn it.

But the best thing of all is that Stephanie and Jayme both were left with one helluva good impression of Oklahoma knitters and I don't think they'll forget us any time soon. Not to mention that any time they hear the song Oklahoma!! they will remember how the whole room stood up and sang our state song. We did a mighty fine job, even the newer Oklahomans!

9 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

It was a lot of fun! I'm enjoying reading everyone's accounts.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Rosemary said...

Heee, my scarf at least can be seen in your pics :)

3:10 PM  
Blogger katie said...

Wasn't she great?

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pics! A memorable night, wasn't it?

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Certainly a night to remember!

10:18 PM  
Blogger Sanders said...

I noticed Rosemary's scarf right away! I knew it was either hers or Katies'!!!

How fun! Good show for getting her here to OK!

11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pics! Hey, can you e-mail that pic of Steph and her beer so I can post that she did get a good beer in Oklahoma???

7:29 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Hi, This is one of the Knitters from Oz!! Your Kansas neighbors to the north. We are the ones in your first photo in Orange and Mint. I am Orange!!!
We had the most wonderful time. The Yarn Harlot was excellent. The OKC knitters are a wacky fun group.
We will be back!!!

11:35 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Kay,
We live in Wichita, a straight 2 1/2 hours north. Our yarn shop here is rather old fashion. But if say you were heading to Denver. Salina where you make the turn on I 70 to head west has a wonderful shop 'Yarns'
Now lets say your going to a football game --- college. Manhattan [K State Wildcats] has a lovely shop 'Wildflower' Lots of samples to look at.
If you are into spinning and dare go to KU land! In Lawrence is a really neat store. Lots of hand spun and earthy stuff at 'Yarn Barn'.
Of course the big football game seems to be OU and somebody in Kansas City at the end of the season. Three interesting shops. Largest to smallest. 'Yarn Shop and More' Overland Park, 'Studio Knitting' just off the plaza. 'Urban Arts' is small but has some unique stuff. I see a fourth has just opened 'Stitch Knitch'. On my next trip list.
Our knitting group here is an online Meetup group. http://knitting.meetup.com/90/
Let me know if this link gets you there. You can also email me directly from there. We are the Wichita KIP group. Knit in Public.

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home