Subscribe with Bloglines

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Knitting and staying cool




As most of you know Lexi is my sweet four legged daughter. What you may not know is one of her fears. I didn't discover this fear until I moved from Tulsa to OKC. She is afraid of ceiling fans when they are turned off. I guess in the condo in Tulsa she didn't notice that ceiling fan as it hung from a vaulted ceiling. But when I moved to OKC I had two ceiling fans. One was in the living room and the other was in the dining room. I noticed when I took her there for the first time but it didn't click with me that she was afraid of the fans. I just thought she was scared period. Once she got out of her carrier, she growled, hunkered to the floor and tried to find a hiding spot. It wasn't until a day or two later that I noticed she would sit in the hall and not enter the living room or dining room. Once she did she growled and did the hunker to the floor-get across the room as fast as she could-thing. She was also staring up at the ceiling fan. That's when it dawned on me and I turned the fan on. I can't imagine what she may think they are when turned off except possibly huge insects or spiders on the ceiling???? lol Anyway, we moved to this place last fall and now I have a ceiling fan in the living room and one in the bedroom. It's right over my bed. Needless to say, for six years now I've left the ceiling fans on year round. When the temps started getting so hot this summer I turned the ceiling fan in the bedroom up to high. Lexi doesn't like this either. She hates to have a fan blowing on her. So she has been sleeping in the extra bedroom this summer. Last night I gave her a bit of dry cat food. I feed her every morning and I only had enough to give her one last serving for this morning. So when I woke up this morning (which was about an hour earlier than normal) I sat up on the edge of the bed and all of a sudden she is at the doorway of my bedroom and meow's at me in a very loud and annoyed tone. Then she turns and runs from the doorway. I guess she was impatient but not impatient enough to enter the bedroom with the fan blowing so fast. lol She wanted her food!!

Ok, knitting stuff. This is the start of Bathing Beauty. I've only had to frog it once. That's a new record for me. lol Or maybe I should keep my mouth shut or I'll jinx it! This is the center section and you start with a provisional cast on which Karen taught me. Once I have the center section finished I'll pick up and knit the frilly top and bottom. It's a quick and fairly simple lace pattern. Talk about quick gratification!!! Yay!!



I ordered a new circular needle from Knit Picks a couple of weeks ago to try it. I love it! The points are more pointy than Addi Turbo's but sometimes that is very desirable. Also the cable is very thin and flexible. The only downside I can see so far is the needles are not marked. Anyway, I was impressed enough that I ordered the set tonight. I also ordered the size coded discs so I can easily see what size needle is in use.

This promises to be a week filled with knitting! I'm taking toe-up with Karen, Terri, Anita and Jan at Gourmet Yarn on Saturday. Then Knit-In is at 4! Yippee!! I LOVE knit ins! Hope to see you there.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's hilarious! What a cute kitty. No telling what she thinks the fan is. They have to have their quirks, huh? Our cat, Tiger, goes through periods where he is afraid to walk on the carpet. It makes for some interesting bunny hops until he can get to furniture or tile! See you Saturday.

10:57 PM  
Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Lexi is adorable!

The Bathing Beauty cloth is looking wonderful, too.

12:38 AM  
Blogger katie said...

Aw, what a cutie Lexi is! And really, is it too much for her to ask to have the ceiling fan on the perfect setting? lol

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home