Subscribe with Bloglines

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Just in time.....



I finished the gift scarf just in time. The now former co-worker I made it for just got back from Virginia today and will come by the office tomorrow as she is moving to Tulsa this weekend. I didn't really enjoy knitting with this color. It's so dark that the only time I had good lighting was when I knitted in the car on the trip to Colorado. I chose the color based on colors I'd seen her wear. So now I think I need to seriously investigate a good floor lamp. Any suggestions?? Is the Ott lamp worth the price? I have a torchier lamp and have wondered would any of the fancy long-lasting light bulbs do any good at all? I think I can burn up to 100w in the lamp.

Something else I realized earlier. Thank God for digital cameras! I love that I can finish an item and immediately get the camera, take pictures, download to my computer and see if any are truly worth the shots and then post within minutes!! Ain't technology grand???

I'm excited about getting back to my Berroco Knitting Tote swatch. Ha! Can you imagine anyone being excited over a swatch? lol Another project that is really yelling at me is a scarf out of some Kidsilk Haze I bought almost a year ago. I just realized today that the Branching Out Scarf on Knitty.com might be the perfect pattern for that yarn. And since I am drawn to lace patterns I think I may try that. Although, when I first got the Kidsilk Haze I put needles to it just to see what it was like and I was very disappointed as it tangled so easy. So we'll see how this progresses. lol

Susan, tag, you're it!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

HA - My post was up before yours was!! LOL!! The scarf turned out great - good job. Hubby got me a really nice floor lamp like Ott but not. I'll check to see what it is and let you know.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Husband got me a portable "daylight" lamp from Hobby Lobby, it's small but the lighting power is great. You bend the lamp part up into an "L" shape and it turns on. It's small and we can move it anywhere. It's really helpful to see the stitches.

(Do I sound like the Famous Knitters in those Ott ads in the mags)?

8:47 AM  
Blogger kay_okc said...

Emily: I haven't seen that ad so I can't say. But I will say THANK YOU! I'll check out Hobby Lobby this weekend. Knitting that dark maroon made me feel as if I was going blind!!

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scarf looks great! Hopefully I'll be back before too long.

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home