Subscribe with Bloglines

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Stash building



This is the clapotis. I haven't made much headway on it as I have not picked it up too much in the last month. But as you can see I'm to the section where I get to drop a stitch and let the yarn ladder. This is a fun pattern for me. Reminds me of the compulsion to pop the bubbles on bubble wrap. lol







This is a piece of fabric I picked up at Hobby Lobby this week. They had all spring fabric on sale for half price last week. I fell in love with the red poppies. My intent is to make a skirt from this. But reality and honesty pushes me to say it might just become another piece of a newer stash I've slowly worked on in the past two years. When I left Tulsa 6 years ago and moved to OKC, I gave away huge garbage bags of fabric. I was moving to a place where I had no room to sew or to store fabric. Somehow that little bug or worm that is inside me and causes me to look, feel and rub fabric also made me start buying fabric again. It wasn't until I'd gotten a good start on the yarn stash that I realize it's ok to have fabric just to fondle also. And to be even more honest, it is freeing in a way to admit that I do and can buy fabric or yarn just for the enjoyment of having it. If I manage to make an article of clothing or knit whatever then great, if not, I'm just stash building. And it feels good.


And another "area" I tend to build is buying books. These are some I found at Overstock.com. I surround myself with books just as I do yarn and fabric. I wonder is there a name for people like me who lust, drool and buy these items??? lol

My name is Kay and I'm a ........................

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kay, I'm so glad you said that about buying yarn. I've got so many projects and yarn to make them that I tend to get a panic attack when I look at it and instead of starting one of those projects I go out and buy another!! And then have even more panic....what's a girl gonna do??

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those books look like fun! I need to get out to overstock.com and see what they have. Thanks for the reminder.

11:18 PM  
Blogger Tandi said...

The clapotis is looking great! And I love that fabric- those poppies are gorgeous. I've been eyeing the One Skein book, I've seen a lot of cool stuff from it on the KAL.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

Wow, so far ahead of me on clapotis! It looks great. To answer your question about my cozy, the pattern is from knitty, and the yarn is andean silk from knitpicks. It's a really fun, easy pattern, and the results are so impressive!

12:19 PM  
Blogger lkmanitou said...

Your Clapotis looks lovely with just a bit of sparkle to it :)

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home