Subscribe with Bloglines

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Ramblings

I put Tracksy on my blog several months ago. And I just realized one of the features of that program just the other day. I always look to see who (no names just locations, that's what it shows) reads my blog. I've had a reader from Singapore, London, Japan, a few from Canada and I guess I have a "regular" from Manasass, VA (whew I hope I spelled that right!!) and various other spots in the US. I get regular hits from readers of other blogs because then it shows knitterswonderland or hazelnutreflections or susinok. And almost daily I get hits from msn.com or yahoo.com. I just found out that when I click those links it will tell me what the person used in their search that brought them to my blog. Cool, huh? I was very pleasantly surprised when I found a couple of people who searched for hollyhock dolls and found my blog. I bet they were disappointed as it was only a mention in my blog and no pictures of the dolls. But I thought that was so cool.

Lots of interest going on about Stephanie aka The Yarn Harlot. We're gearing up and trying to get all the details taken care of so we have a great crowd for her. I'll tell you something very honestly, I didn't know I'd get this excited about it. lol The marketing committee is meeting for the first time tomorrow. We have lots of stuff to cover. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to put them in comments.

I've been so busy I feel like a top with my string pulled. I haven't picked up the needles much. I manage to knit a row or a partial row and that is about it. I had a nice response to a post I put on Knitter's Review yesterday. A knitter from Amarillo said she came to OKC to shop and discovered Gourmet Yarn. Bless her heart, they only have a very small knitting shop in Amarillo in addition to the regular chain retail spots. She said she loved Gourmet and the people there were very nice. I told her to schedule a shopping trip around the first Saturday of the month and to join us for a Knit-In. And that reminds me!!! A lady visited us at Guild Sunday from the Austin area. She comes up about once a month to visit her parents here in OKC and discovered Gourmet Yarn on an internet search. She said she loved the shop! (Yes, I pass this all on to Margaret...she needs to beam with pride when she hears these comments.)

Not much else to report. I swear I wish it would cool down. Here we are having August weather in June. I am scared to death to think of how the August weather will be. Stephanie, if you by chance read this, be prepared for a heat wave when you arrive!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

Hee Hee, I just installed tracksy because of you! It sounds interesting, and kind of spygirl. Awesome!

10:37 PM  
Blogger Sanders said...

I have statcounter on mine... fascinating stuff. Especially the words that got people to the blog.

I know I should have expected some odd ones with a name like FanniePie, but I didn't expect to find a search for 'photos of people with their feet in pie'- honestly that was an actual entry... along with the assorted fannie queries that I won't go into...Love that tracking software!

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also have tracksy because of you! You should get a referral fee - LOL! So far I haven't figured out the spygirl stuff but have spent some time following the links back - very interesting stuff!

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home