Subscribe with Bloglines

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Let it snow! Let it snow!! Let it SnoooooooW!!!!!!



With all this talk of global warming, I had a discussion with a friend of mine. He believes this scorching July we are having across the country is a result of global warming. I'll have to be honest, I haven't read that much on it. I have enough concerns with taking care of my job, my chores, my life and Lexi. When I start reading about what's going on in the world I tend to get very depressed. Now please don't think I totally stick my head in the sand. I do pull it out every now and then and read or listen to a bit but then I have to go hide again. But back to the weather. What I have noticed more than anything is it seems our seasons have jumped up a month. For instance, I had to turn the ac on in April instead of May. I believe the last two summers July was our warmer month and August was unseasonably cool. Sorta like September used to be. Has anyone else noticed that?



I'm at work and don't have access to my pictures. So I found some on the net that I hope brings some relief to those of you who read this. I could really use some good wet snow right now. If that happened right now, then I might take some notice!! lol




I put Tracksy on my blog several months ago after Shelly told me about it. I love that little feature as I find it so interesting to see who is reading my blog. Well, it doesn't tell me WHO but it tells me (most often) where they live. I have noticed two "faithful" readers who I don't know in Atlanta, Georgia and the other in Manassas, Virginia. Hi!!! Whoever you are!! lol Thanks for reading my blog. Ok, enough with the shout outs, back to my original train of thought. lol Often times I'll have someone who plugs in some words to search on and my blog will pop up on their list. I have been pleasantly surprised at how many people search for "terms of endearment" and my blog pops up because of my post on that subject a couple of weeks ago. I had another search yesterday that was a search for "kay". Hey!! I was smiling that my simple name and my blog amongst hundreds and thousands popped up in that search.


This morning though, I found out someone did a search on some words that I don't know if I like. They did a search of "fondling + petting + pictures". Yuck. I have a sick feeling they were not looking for a blog that talks about fondling and petting yarn and showing pictures of knitted items. That kinda gave me the creeps.

Stay cool out there!!! Winter is on its way!!!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knew that talking about yarn could be so racy??? lol

1:07 PM  
Blogger kay_okc said...

I told my boss about it and he said it was the FBI looking for pedophiles. Ewwww!!! If so I'm so very glad finding my blog was complete bust! lol

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pictures Kay! It's that time of year where imagining snow seems impossible, so it's nice to be reminded it's "out there" somewhere. Snow in July? In Oklahoma? Yes, that would be something to take notice of!

4:47 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Those pics are awesome...I want to go there, LOL! Oh, I would love to find out how to put that "tracksy" thing on my page..how very interesting. Will have to pick your brain and find out how it is done!

7:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

creepy indeed...(you know what I'm referring to)
Thanks for the snow pics, and it seems to me I've noticed the August temp change, but then I seem to remember September being a whole lot cooler (even having some really cold days) back in the day. I'm in Tulsa and I imagine you'll be in OKC on Tuesday also. YAY!

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

creepy indeed...(you know what I'm referring to)
Thanks for the snow pics, and it seems to me I've noticed the August temp change, but then I seem to remember September being a whole lot cooler (even having some really cold days) back in the day. I'm in Tulsa and I imagine you'll be in OKC on Tuesday also. YAY!

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so sorry about the glitch

3:14 PM  
Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

I LOVE the snow scenes. : )

I'm so glad it's finally a bit cooler than 108 F!

I'm still recovering from our shopping spree. : )

Shelly

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home