Subscribe with Bloglines

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Lazy Easter Sunday

I think this is the first weekend where I've had nothing I HAD to do in quite awhile. So how have I filled these two lovely days? I finished the pink bunting. I managed to make a bigger mess in the extra bedroom (it has been filled with boxes ever since I moved here). I've done laundry and I sewed. That's why I made the bigger mess in the extra bedroom, digging for sewing supplies. Today I went to Wal-Mart in the hopes that everyone else in town would be at church, hunting Easter eggs and having their Easter dinners. lol No such luck!! I stopped at Sonic on the way home to get something to drink and even it was completely packed!! lol Ok, maybe my thinking was a little naive.

This is what I've been sewing on. And yes the front is shorter than the back. My natural waistline is 2.5 inches lower in front than it is in back. Maybe because of all the junk in my trunk? lol Anyway, that is an alteration I make to the pattern so HOPEFULLY my hemline hangs even when I wear the skirt.





























And guess what this is??? (I think this is the fourth time I've started this and the furthest I've gotten, cross your fingers for me!!)

On the way home I heard Different Drum by Linda Ronstadt. I have always liked that song. Nice melody and easy to sing along with, she and I have a similar range...lol But there is one teeny tiny lyric in that song that just bugs me every time I hear it. It reminds me of a row of perfect strawberries and then realizing there is one bitter brussel sprout right in the middle. The line that says I'm not ready for any person, place or thing......did anyone else remember that is the definition of a noun from our grammar books? So every time I hear it I wonder did the song writer just have a mental block and that is all he/she could come up with? Had they just left their English grammar class and it was fresh in their mind? lol How about I'm not ready for any noun. It feels like a bump in the middle of the road. Oh well. Maybe it's just me. Oh, by the way, I looked up the lyrics and saw who wrote it, Mike Nesmith, the Monkee who wore the stocking cap. The one who's mom invented Liquid Paper.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We went to walmart too. What a zoo! Bought a new toilet seat for Bryant's parents' house that already has a buyer making an offer!!!

It's good to know how to make your skirt fit!

5:46 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

Will and I went to Home Depot in Edmond. I told him when I was little everything was closed on Easter Sunday. He came back and said "A lot of things was different when I was a kid." Ha - such the dry humor this kid has.

Sonic in Edmond was closed today. You were lucky.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Rosemary said...

CLAPOTIS!!

8:53 PM  
Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

The skirt looks beautiful!

I never realized that Mike Nesmith's mom invented liquid paper. How about that!

Is Rosemary correct? Is that the beginning of Clapotis?

Shelly

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The skirt looks great! I miss you guys!

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, pieces of trivia. I had no idea Mike N.'s mom invented liquid paper!

Skirt is pretty and I don't have a clue what that pretty pink yarn is getting ready to become.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Kay, I have to make that very same alteration! Part of it is my junk and part of it is my waistline slopes down in front. One of the many, many adjustments I have to make when sewing.

Borders was quiet on Sunday. Lowes and Home Depot were not bad. Got some Caladiums and sweet Woodruff.

6:06 AM  
Blogger Sanders said...

I love the yarn you're using for your clapotis! I made one last summer and wear it alot~

Happy knitting1

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job on the skirt, Kay! I'm at home with son, so I get a chance to read!

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

btw, this blog is 3 days old....

12:42 PM  
Blogger kay_okc said...

Margaret!!! You can NOT complain about a three day old blog!! lol It just isn't fair when I can't make comments on your blog! lol

12:47 PM  
Blogger Tandi said...

I love Linda Ronstadt! That makes total sense about those lyrics. And hwo knew about Mike Nesbith's mom?!

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What happened to my post yesterday??? Umm...I'm ahead of you in blogging.....lol

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home