Subscribe with Bloglines

Friday, March 24, 2006

Yarn Fix




I went to Tulsa for a couple of days. I went to a new yarn shop (to me) in Utica Square called Loops. She has a very lovely shop. I visited with her for about 20 minutes. She has some gorgeous yarns and some brands I've not seen in our local shops. I did tell her next time she comes to OKC she needs to stop by and see Margaret at Gourmet Yarn. She has heard of Margaret and her shop but hasn't visited it yet. Yarn shop news must spread fast! She knew Luff had gone out of business. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly yarn shop news spreads in this world.

You know, being the good ole yarn-o-holic I am that I came home with some yarn that just wouldn't let me leave the shop without it. My plan is to make the clapotis from it. The tag states 550 yards but does not tell the yarn weight. To my inexperienced eyes, it's DK weight. But Yarndex states it's worsted. Yarndex also says it is 325 yards. I hope Yarndex is wrong!! lol This is Rayon Metallic by Blue Heron Yarns in melon. Don't know if the pictures show the color variation very well. It's a medium melon to a light melon with a bit of sweet pea pink and a metallic gold thread.


10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure doesn't look like worsted weight to me...Missed you on Thursday :)

3:28 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

Hey - That's MY color! ha - I got the lavender yarn and am thinking of making one too. Maybe we can do it together.

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is SERIOUSLY pretty yarn! Good luck on the clapotis!

And have a fun trip!

9:44 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

That is so pretty - I can't wait to see it made up!!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

That is GORGEOUS yarn! I think it will make a beautiful Clapotis.

Have a wonderful vacation!

Shelly

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

like everybody else, I like your yarn too!

3:48 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

That really does fit the definition of "yummy yarn." Looks good enough to eat.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Sanders said...

beautiful yarn, it will make a wonderful clapotis! looks like dk weight to me... (hard to tell in a picture though...)

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm commenting twice..is that allowed? I would love to take a road trip to Tulsa if this gets scheduled. I think that is close enough that my doctor won't consider it "traveling" :)

10:17 PM  
Blogger Tandi said...

That yarn is gorgeous! Love the metallic threads. That will be perfect for a clapotis!

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home