Subscribe with Bloglines

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Guild Meeting


We had a pretty nice group this past Sunday, 29 total I believe. I see lots of new faces or at least new ones to me! each time. We had three newbies who came wanting to learn how to knit. Yippee! Susan did a great job showing us how to figure gauge.








We had several donations for the charity knitting. We also learned from Anna that the hospital would like hats for babies in addition to the preemies. I liked the sound of that, especially since I was having a hard time trying to knit a tiny hat. I was very resistant to using DPN's and had just about decided I was going to break down and do so. It would not have been a pretty picture. lol





This is Anita. Sorry for the quality of the picture. I had several that turned out blurry, some worse than this one. Anita is one of our members who is with the Metro Library System. Yay Anita! She must carry a big stick that I never see as she makes things happen at the library when we have our guild meetings.






And this is Emily. I hope all of you have gone to her website to see the very nice ass she has posted. :-) (You didn't think I'd pass up that opportunity, did you Emily?? lol) She knitted the turtleneck shrug from Scarf Style and asked this very gracious lady (I apologize I cannot remember her name) to model it for her. I do remember the gracious lady had a sweet and lovely daughter who was knitting jewelry.

We had show-n-tell and Susan made us go around the room to say our name and show our items. Darn her. As usual, I had NOTHING to show. So I dazzled the room with my frogging abilities and offered to frog projects if they needed my services.

That's the guild update. For those of you who haven't been, we do hope you'll join us. Next month we'll be back to our regular schedule of 3rd Sunday from 3 to 5. Belle Isle Library on NW Expressway and Villa.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice update on the guild. And I went around the room the other way, giving you plenty of time to cast on something and PRETEND to have a project - lol!

Next month we'll just start with you to either put you out of your misery or to see what marvelous thing you are working on.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

I sure hope to make it to the next guild meeting! I'm so sad I haven't been able to make it yet.

It looks like Susan did a wonderful job, but then she always does! : )

Thanks for sharing the guild pictures. And, I'm so glad that the library is letting the guild meet at the Belle Isle facility.

And, I think I could use your frogging service today! : )

Shelly

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I prefer to think of myself as "assertive" and no one seems brave enough to argue with me!! (boy have I got them fooled...)

8:21 PM  
Blogger Tandi said...

Looks like it was fun... That's quite the turn out!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Emma said...

Your knitting guild looks like a lot of fun!

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home