Subscribe with Bloglines

Friday, April 21, 2006

Manners, Kids and Knitting


As you can see, I've made little progress on the clapotis. I've found I have to knit on this while I'm at home alone. I've also made a couple of mistakes that I was able to fix! Yippee!! The first one (this time around) I was sure I'd have to start over but I managed to get it repaired. This yarn is sooo soft. It has a tendency to curl as you can tell by the needle point I have placed at the tip.







This is the neverending baby blanket. I took it to the doctor's office yesterday just in case I had to wait. Oh boy! Two solid hours and that was BEFORE I got to see the doctor. So needless to say I knitted many rows instead of the several I had planned.







While I was waiting yesterday, I had the misfortune of witnessing children gone wild. What is it about a parent who lets their child run wild in a store or office? I know when I was a kid I knew I would get spanked if I misbehaved like that. When my son was little I kept him beside me, with his hand in mine (although he didn't always like that). I was the mean ole lady at my former office in Tulsa. When people let their children run around unattended, I'd gather the kids and take them to their parent and tell them this is a business office and you need to keep your children by your side while you are here. The parent yesterday, thank God, left with the children when she heard her doctor had been called out for an emergency. Whew! So today I come home and I'm sitting here in the den and I see bicycle wheels cutting across my yard. I noticed this the other evening but didn't make it to the window or door in time to see exactly who it was. Today I saw one go by and ran to the door, again the child was past the fence and I couldn't see who it was. So I waited, and opened the door again just in time to see this little girl (about 7 or 8) cutting right across my grass to go to her house. I guess because my yard has a bit of a slope to it that it makes for a more daredevil ride?? You would have been proud of me. I NICELY asked her to stay on the sidewalk and to not ride across the grass anymore. So far, so good. Keep your fingers crossed!! lol

Terri and I went up to Gourmet Yarn last night to crash the sweater club. We had a nice time. Saw some pretty items in progress. I noticed Margaret has posted the pictures so you can access them at her website.

And to close, I want to share my own little saying I came up with years ago.

There ain't nothing more attractive on a man than good manners. - Kay

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You tell 'em, Girl.

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed you at borders, now I know you and Terri left us for gourmet yarn!

and, I'm sorry, somehow I deleted your email saying you had left a comment on my live journal before i unscreened it. I appreciated your sentiments, all the same!

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, we have "new" multiple computer and I got confused. Luckily, that means I didn't delete your comment!

and, my clapotis tends to curl too as must everyone's.

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And there is nothing sweeter than a well-behaved child. Are we just getting old? NAAAHHHH LOL!

Good luck with the little girl on the bike!

And I posted Kitty Kandy for you.

10:57 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

When Our oldest son was little we were having dinner with my BIL & SIL and niece. He wasn't behaving (3 yrs old) I took him and we left and went home. I told him if he can't behave = he can't go.
Today I get on to him about answering his cell phone all time when we are having dinner. ha They never change.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

Love your clapotis color! Shocker, I know....

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home