Subscribe with Bloglines

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Fall ReTREAT

Ok, I can't believe I just had a fantastic knitting weekend with a great group of gals and I have NO pictures to share of that group!!!! I'm definitely slipping in my old age. Oh don't let me forget that the most wonderful golden retriever in the world was there too, Linen. I understand why Nina loves her so....she is such a good and sweet dog.

So besides laughing and talking and getting to know others better this is what I accomplished this weekend. I finished the Market Squares Entrelac bag. AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!! I started this bag in August of 2005. I worked fast and




furious on it for a few weeks but then the guilt and panic set in because of my move. So I put it down to pack and didn't pick it back up until January or so. I think I worked on it for a few evenings and put it down again. I had to have Margaret's assistance to get started. (Funny how I forget in between times!!) But then realized I had to complete the next to the last tier and then the final tier! I can't believe I put it down that close to the end. But I did. So here are two pictures before it goes into the washer for felting.




And I worked on the 2nd sleeve on the CIC boatneck sweater and completed it!! Yippee!! Now to weave in allllllllll those ends and block and seam. Hopefully I'll have this done in the next few days.


I also worked on Nina a bit, sorry, no picture.






And finally, I started this sock at least five times. I finally got it started and hopefully will get it to the short row part in time for class next week.

To those of you who haven't attended Margaret's knitting retreat, you need too. It's so much fun to have a big room full of like minded people, working on beautiful objects. It gives me great motivation and ideas.

Thank you Margaret for putting on such a great retreat.

9 Comments:

Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

I'm so glad you had such a great time! And, WOW....the finished FMB! Yay!!!

9:48 PM  
Blogger Rosemary said...

YAY finished bag! I bet its a huge relief :)

Glad it was a good time!

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a terrific time! Wish I could have been there. The bag looks great. I can't wait to see it felted! What? No picture of Lexi?

10:32 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Congratulations on finishing Market Squares! Can't wait to see how it felts up.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

How cool is that???? Glad you had a good time and buckled down and got some project finished. It is a good feeling - isn't it?

8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurrah! Hurrah! The market bag is finished! Good for you! Can't wait to see how it looks after felting.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

I'm so glad you were there Kay. We did have a great time didn't we?!! I'm glad you finished you bag too. It looks great!

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Retreats are only as good as the people who come! and it was a GREAT retreat!

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad the retreat was such fun. I hope I get to go one of these days. Market Squares is on my to-do list but not at the top. Lace is my next wantado.

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home