Subscribe with Bloglines

Monday, October 09, 2006

Felting


What is this??? It's the Market Squares Entrelac Bag!!! FELTED!! Actually it's drying. I placed a small bowl inside the bottom and then inverted the felted bag over it so the bottom of the bag will have some flatness to it. I'm rather pleased with how this came out. I used Cascade 220. It always does so well. I was a little surprised in that it shrunk more in width than it did in height. It appears to be very sturdy. I was afraid it would come out a little wonky as my black edge at the top was not exactly perfect. lol




Another shot. The bottom "flower" in black came out more like a flower than the starburst of the other tiers. It's drying and I'm guessing it'll take a couple of days. My plan is to buy some black leather straps to attach to the bag and then give it to my favorite bag lady, my oldest niece who happens to be a sophomore at Colorado State in Fort Collins.








Miss Lexi was wanting to perch on a high spot tonight. Something about the blinds caught her attention and she would not turn to face the camera. The little toot!!












She later jumped down and again wouldn't look at me but I snapped the shot anyway. Hope everyone had a greet weekend. I'm still trying to rest up after the retreat. I swear I didn't know knitting could wear you out so!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

The FM bag looks lovely! And, Lexi is a cutie...with attitude. : )

11:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks good! See, you just needed me there harrassing you to finish it. lol

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic! Will we get to see it in person before you send it off? I hopw so, I'm really curious about the straps.
It's sure a cute bag!

5:26 PM  
Blogger katie said...

It looks great! I can't wait to try felting and I think a bag is a perfect idea for a first project! Good job!

6:17 PM  
Blogger Emily Scott Banks said...

Wow! That is going to be beautiful!

(Your kitty is awfully handsome, too.)

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home