Subscribe with Bloglines

Friday, January 13, 2006

Friday the 13th

This has been a different day. I woke up this morning and sat on the edge of the bed and the earth moved. It didn't stop moving until I laid back down and only then after a few seconds. lol I managed to get up a bit later and after about 45 minutes decided that bed wasn't a bad place to be. It's odd, I don't know if I've picked up a bug or if it's inner ear. I feel fine other than the woozy, spinning type feeling in my head. It's eased up as the day progressed but still faintly there.

This afternoon my computer, once again, gave me the blue screen of death and stated unable to write to C drive, data may be lost. Wow! It did it again right in the middle of that sentence. I had the hard drive replaced last June I think. That one didn't last 3 months and I had the second one put in in September before I moved. To me, there has to be something else in my computer causing brand new hard drives to crash. I'm not downloading music or putting lots of programs on. I'm a pretty basic user, internet, email, Yahoo Messenger and that is about it. Occassionally use Word. I use Spybot, AdAware, Norton Systemworks, firewall and antivirus. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! And this is the stuff out of cartoons.....I had just signed up to change my phone service to Vonage when the first crash happened. I HAVE to have a computer for phone service now. lol I guess it's time to start shopping.

So if you send emails or comments on the blog and you don't hear back from me.....you'll know what happened.

4 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Ugh, what a pain about the computer.

I've had the spinning a couple of times, although not since a couple of years ago. Last time I took Dramamine and went back to bed, and that seemed to work quite well.

10:36 PM  
Blogger kay_okc said...

Emily...I seem to be fine today...a friend said it sounded like a migraine without the pain. My sister suffers from those but she loses perifial vision. I'd never thought about Dramamine!! Thanks!

7:12 AM  
Blogger kay_okc said...

Make that peripheral vision! lol

7:21 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Go glad to hear you're feeling better. Nothing worse than feeling awful and having your computer act up at the same time!

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home