Subscribe with Bloglines

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Stitch Markers and Lantern Moon


Its been a great knitting weekend. Shelly and I trekked north Friday evening and met Rosemary for an evening of good food, good knitting and good company. I had been lusting over this bag for several months:









Doesn't it have a summery look to it? It's lined and that was a big draw for me. It also has pockets! One side is a slim pocket sewn at an angle for straight knitting needles and the other side has different compartments for whatever your little heart desires. I think the tie at the top just appeals to us girly-girls who love a sash to tie. This bag is made by Lantern Moon.






Saturday night Shelly and I once again traveled north only this time we headed to my favorite knitting event, Gourmet Yarn's monthly Knit In!!! Margaret chose a Cinco De Mayo theme and asked those who desired to bring their favorite Mexican dish to share. I don't think I've ever seen a spread that big before. We had chicken enchiladas, Mexican wedding cookies (my fave), sopapilla cheesecake, 7 layer dip, chile verde, queso, guacamole and many others. Margaret gave out prizes for the best three and I apologize but I only remember the chicken enchiladas and the Mexican wedding cookies as winners. I know there was a third but I don't recall what dish won that prize. Here are a few pictures from last night for those of you who could not join us.















































Notice how Margaret slips her hand up to block her face from the camera? But if you'll notice in the picture with Karen, I managed to get Margaret there. lol Kristy is diligently working on her sock. From what I saw, she was doing an excellent job. Emily was working on her cowl from the Knitty site. It looks wonderful and she is almost finished. And the lady in hot pink is Jan. She was winding some yarn she'd bought to make a Pool Reflections afghan. There were several new faces of people whose names I don't know, hopefully I eventually will! I apologize for the blurry pictures, I guess I shake when I take them.


Emily suggested I post this. I have some favorite stitch markers. If you'll notice the pink and blue stitchmarkers, they are narrow bands. The reason I love them is they are flat rings. They don't "stand" above the stitches on the needle. If you'll notice the green and purple stitch markers, they have some "stand". It's my little quirk but they bother me when I can feel them standing on the needle. So what are these flat stitch markers? They are the color coded bands you get when you buy a new electric toothbrush head. lol Lexi doesn't need a color coded brush nor do I, so I use these for stitch markers. I love them so much I emailed Gillette to ask if they'd let me buy some. Would you believe they didn't even respond to me? Hmmm!! If they only knew.........

Terri and Susan, we missed you!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Terri said...

I missed you all too. Sounds like you had a great weekend. We'll have to make up some time this week.

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was good food indeed! I look like I'm shocked by what I'm seeing on the computer screen! lol I had a great time seeing everyone! btw, Black Bean Salsa was the winner.

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

umm....I thought I put my name on there.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Yummy food and good friends. A great combination.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Rosemary said...

One day I'll get off my lazy arse and *sew* myself a rockin' knitting bag.

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well darn! I was hoping you'd miss me too! I certainly missed you, well...maybe I was in Albuquerque and wasn't really thinking about the knit-in---I was eating plenty of Mexican food though! Here I was in New Mexico of sheep and wool and spinning and weaving and knitting and didn't get to go to a yarn shop.

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Anita - we missed you!

Kay - the blog police will be after you soon....

10:49 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

GET MOVING THIS BLOG!

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home